Friday, November 14, 2003

More country songs

I liked Crystal Gayle's 'Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue', and 'Talking In Your Sleep'.

We were huge Statler Brothers and Oak Ridge Boys fans. I think we went to see the Statler Brothers at the Waterloo Cattle Congress one year.

Dolly Parton: I can remember many of these songs back to age 4 or 5 in the Tiffin house: 'Coat of Many Colors', 'Jolene', 'I Will Always Love You', 'Love is Like a Butterfly', and 'The Bargain Store'. Other songs I knew and liked: 'Here You Come Again', 'Two Doors Down', '9 to 5', and 'Islands in the Stream'.

Though Barbara Mandrell was big during this time, and I know a lot of her songs, I never liked them that much. Heck, she was so big we even watched the show on tv.

I likes Sylvia's 'Nobody', 'Snapshot' and Juice Newton's 'Playin' with the Queen of Hearts'.

We loved 'Sneaky Snake' by Tom T Hall when we were 4 and 5.